PointGuard is seeking a Business Development Manager to organically grow the business. We’re looking for an articulate, self-motivated, results-based professional who will thrive in a fast-growing technology business.
About PointGuard: PointGuard offers a cloud-based software platform that helps building teams drive value through significant increases in building comfort and lower operating and capital costs. PointGuard is scalable, secure and works on commercial buildings of any size, anywhere in the world. The PointGuard platform is used by facility management, mechanical and controls contractors, engineers, and building portfolio owners. PointGuard provides customers with predictive insights and specific actions that are customized to amplify local building and portfolio knowledge. PointGuard is located in Historic SouthEnd, next to the light trail. Check out www.PointGuardTech.com to learn more about our company.
Business Development Manager Job Mission: Responsible for effectively developing creative business growth strategies, with the goal of generating more revenue for an innovative up-and-coming, fast growing venture backed company. This includes creating and executing new sales strategies, and business plans to acquire new Channel Partners and sell additional products or services to existing ones. Success in this role requires technology industry knowledge and experience with a proven ability to close deals and build relationships to effectively grow the business.
Here's what you'll be accountable for:
Effectively Grow the business through bringing on new Channel Partners:
- Develop a comprehensive pipeline of partners including facility managers, property managers, controls companies, energy engineers, etc.
- Research market, industry and customer trends
- Identify sales and services that would appeal to new channel partners
- Find and develop leads
- Understand the industry, our target audience, our brand and what we do
- Draft and develop sales collateral (printed and electronic materials)
- Assist in Direct Sales Digital efforts
- Effectively use marketing information to sell the company
- Close new Channel Contracts
Building and Maintaining Strong Relationships (Relationship Management)
- Build trust and long-term relationships with Channel Partners
- Maintain and grow relationships with existing partners
- Manage partner accounts
- Manage and exceed both company and partner expectations
- Build strong rapport with company leadership
- Manage the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Tool
- Attend and representing the company at conferences, trade events and other networking events
Effective at telling a story
- Engaging- able understand and grab the target audience’s attention
- Identify customer points of pain accurately and clearly to help define a solution
- Articulate PointGuard’s point of view and capture the Voice of the Company
This job might be for you if you:
- Have a strong work ethic
- Are technologically savvy (knowledge and experience)
- Think of yourself as a ‘hunter’
- Have demonstrated and proven results in growing a business
- Are able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
- Communicate effectively and efficiently (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Are able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Are self-motivated and self-directed
- Have integrity; must be able to represent the company in a positive, truthful manner
- Are a quick learner that has the ability to “connect the dots”
- Like ongoing learning and research as part of your daily routine
- Creative thinker, always striving to be different and stand out from the pack
You should meet the following criteria to apply:
- Local to the Charlotte area and/or willing to relocate
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Channel direct industry experience, or similar field
- 2+ years of experience in Business Development or account management related positions
- Experience working for a small company (e.g. is resourceful)
- Interest in building technology
- Ability to work as an individual contributor in a results-only work environment
- Able to pitch to the interview team at the end of the interview process
PointGuard’s Core Values: Everything we do at PointGuard is dictated by our values. We take them very seriously, and we're proud of this unwavering commitment.
- Be Tenacious
- Be Accountable
- Be Adaptable
About Charlotte: Young professionals are drawn here for the high-energy urban corridors that have developed throughout the city along greenways, light rail, and trolley lines. Charlotte is millennial friendly with a lower cost of living and access to big-city amenities, public transportation options, an international airport, and tons of entertainment and recreation options. The city also has a strong energy technology industry, earning Charlotte the title New Energy Capital.
Please send resume (or LinkedIn profile) to info@pointgaurdtech. Candidates may be required to organize reference calls with recent supervisors. You will be expected to pitch to the Interview team at the end of the process- please prepare accordingly. Confidentiality will be respected.
PointGuard is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.